COMPANY: Dansa Xalesta
LANGUAGE: English (we adjust the use of English according to the level of children or the requirements of teachers, combining it to a greater or lesser degree with the vehicular language).
DURATION: 45 minutes
AGES: Childhood education (1-5 years) and first cycle of Primary (adapted to each age)
MAXIMUM NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: 2 groups –class (maximum 60)
One day Paul receives from his mother a particular gift: a seed that will become a plant. But, how?… He shall be responsible of it and take care of it. A special relationship will set up between them, and Paul will be able to enjoy the marvelous transformations of nature. Finally he will share this beautiful moments with his friends (all the children will participate by dancing).
This workshop is an adaptation of “Laia and the flowers” , by changing the character of Laia, a girl, for a boy, Paul. The press comments are referred to that show.
THEMES AND VALUES TREATED
The process of birth and development of a plant: the process from the seed to a plant, the needing cares for its survival, growing and flourishing.
Friendship (affection and esteem), responsibility (to take care of somebody), patience (to know how to wait for the achievement of the goals; to learn to not call for the immediate accomplishment of the desires; to understand when things need a process…), ecology (to understand and love the nature)…
IT CAN BE PERFORMED IN A BIG CLASSROOM, ROOM OF PSICOMOTRICITY OR GYMNASIUM
THE COMPANY SAYS:
A growing number of voices, from both new pedagogies and neuroscience theories, are claiming for the fact that psychomotor coordination, music and dance should be not only an important part in childhood education, but the essential one, the main structure from which the rest of learning experiences shall be articulated and consolidated. In this respect, our proposal is complete and wide ranging, because it involves:
- The listening experience.
- The aesthetic enjoyment, both as a spectator and as a actor.
- As actors, children experience psychomotor coordination in combination with music and dance. That is to say, there is something more than a mere exercise (that is undoubtedly important), but an artistic body experience.
- This wide ranging character allows the transmission of knowledge and values with a high emotional content. (joy, happiness, surprise…), which make it extremely easy to consolidate the knowledge (as recent studies in neuroscience have proved).
- The presence of these motivating emotions and the fact that we are dealing with interactive group dynamics enable an improvement in relationships and a development of socio-affective skills.
Didactic guide Paul and the flowers:
Paul and the flowers (English Version) (PDF Format)
PRESS COMMENTS (Laia and the flowers):
VÍDEO DE L’ESPECTACLE (VERSIÓ CATALANA):